- Self Identification
If you are of a Malaysian citizen, you are required to bring your National Identity Card (MyKad) / birth certificate. If you are of a foreign citizen you are required to bring your international passport or related documents.
- Government Officers
Bring your authority cards and/or relevant documents.
- Company Owner
Present Company's Registration Certificate and relevant documents.
- Company Representative
Present the authorisation letter.
- Property Owner
Please provide grants and related documents
- Medical Certificate
If you are unable to attend court for any reasons, please inform the court promptly in writing. If you are sick, please forward your medical certificate to the court.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WITNESSES IN COURT
A witness is someone who testifies in a cause, or give evidence under oath in a court of law. A person who has been served with a subpoena, must appear and testify in court. Failure to appear will cause a warrant of arrest to be issued.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE GOING THE COURT
- Make sure the date / time and place of the hearing (Please refer to the subpoena).
- If you are required to produce any documents please have them ready and bring along on the day of the trial. Plan your trip so that you could reach the court before 9.00 am.
- Dress courteously and appropriately.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WITNESSES WHEN TESTIFYING AND GIVING EVIDENCE IN COURT
- Use simple language in court. Inform the court if the assistance of an interpreter is required.
- Take oath in witnesses stand with a loud and clear voice and lift your right hand above shoulder level. Produce your identity card / authority card / passport through the interpreter for Court reference and record.
- Listen carefully to the questions by Prosecutor and answer only what is asked. If there is any question that is not clearly understood, seek clarification.
- Make sure that the answers given are honest and true. A witness is under oath to speak the truth.
- If the witness is unable to complete his evidence, the court will give another hearing date to enable the witness to complete his/her evidence.
- Be present in the courtroom before 9.00am or at any time fixed by the court.
- Rise and bow when the Judge/Magistrate enters and leaves the courtroom.
- Come forward when your name is called upon by the interpreter.
- Give your full attention during the proceedings.
- Be silent during the proceedings.
- Bow every time you enter and leave the courtroom during the proceedings.
- No children are allowed in the courtroom unless instructed to do so by the court.
- No weapons are allowed.
- No recordings either audio or visual are allowed.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices are to be switched off/ silent mode.